Assistant Database Administrator
Michael Johnson joined the TGU in 2017 as the Assistant Database Administrator for the IBD Cohort. He is involved with the creation of a database for patients with intestinal neoplasia including polyps and cancer. The data collected will be used to recommend a timeframe for surveillance. When completed the database will integrate with clinical and laboratory research groups.
At the University of York his research focused on the use of unmanned aerial vehicles to create 3d models of archaeological sites in the UK. He also worked as a Scientific Diver with Florida State University to collect data from instruments in the Gulf of Mexico.
Michael has always had an interest in curating and making sense of data regardless the topic. He worked as an Archaeologist in the US and the UK where he created an artefact photograph database for the 2011 oil spill in Gulf of Mexico along with the design and creation of a web friendly open access scientific dating database for UK archaeological sites.
News & Events
- Blenheim Fun Run 2017
- Curiosity Carnival
- International Clinical Trials Day, May 20th 2017
- The TGU welcomes STEM Apprentice Placements this summer!
- Oxford IBD MasterClass 2017
- Oxford IBD Masterclass 2016
- TGU at the Oxfordshire Science Festival
- A word from Prof. Paul Klenerman, the new Sidney Truelove Professor of Gastroenterology
- TGU at the BBSRC Great British Bioscience Festival
- Members of the Powrie group publish in Nature an important new role of IL-33
- NDM Scientists at Royal Society summer exhibition
- TGU at the Royal Society Summer Science Exhibition 2014
- TGU at the Royal Society Summer Exhibition
- BRC3 Gastro RMF Application form
- Clinician-Scientists in the making visit the TGU from the Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Launch event: Human Iron Research at Oxford (HIRO)
- Detailed map of colon cells in health and disease
- New grant to study the role of immune cells in lung regeneration
- NDM's Translational Gastroenterology Unit awarded a CRUK Primer grant of £100,000
- NDM Researchers elected Fellows of the Academy of Medical Sciences
- Oxford IBD Masterclass 2020
- Oxfordshire Research League Tables
- Memorial Service - Professor Satish Keshav
- Open Evening Crohn's and Colitis
- Tackling inflammatory bowel disease
- Human Immune Discovery Initiative (HIDI)
- The Good Doctors Guide: Meet the best doctors for gall bladder and learn the cutting-edge treatments for inflammatory bowel disease
- forCrohn's Heroes 2018
- TGU Awards, Grants and Prizes Sep-Oct 2016
- BRC - How Vital Funding Makes a Difference
- Falk Foundation Symposium - 29-30 Mar 2019
- Dietary Fibre Metabolite Helps Immune System Fight Invasive Bacteria
- Professor Satish Keshav
- High Sheriff Award
- FALK Symposium Poster First Prize Winner!
- TGU@10 - 10 Years Celebration Event!
- OUH Quality Improvement Symposium (QIP)
- TGU, University of Oxford Awarded the IBD Stress Test QuickFire Challenge
- Crohn's and Colitis Open Evening on Tuesday 4th February at 17.30-19.30
- OUH NURSE WINS NATIONAL AWARD
- Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis - Public Information Event April 2021
- Oxford IBD MasterClass 2022
- The Changing Face of Inflammatory Bowel Disease- Progress in Research and Clinical Care
- Oxford IBD MasterClass 2024 – Personalising care in IBD
- Please join us for our TGU@14 Symposium on Monday 11th September 2023 at St Anne’s College, Oxford.
- Shortlist Announced for Staff Awards
- TGU Biobank/IBD Cohort
- Training Opportunities
- TGU Podcasts
- Links for TGU Members
- Meet the Team
- Oxford IBD MasterClass 2024