The University of Oxford professors have been named National Institute of Health Research (NIHR) Senior Investigators in recognition of being “among the most prominent and prestigious researchers funded by the NIHR and the most outstanding leaders of patient and people-based research within the NIHR research community”.
Three Oxford academics have been named Senior Investigators for the first time. They are:
- Professor David Beard, Nuffield Department of Orthopaedics, Rheumatology and Musculoskeletal Sciences
- Professor Julia Hippisley-Cox, Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences
- Professor Najib Rahman, Nuffield Department of Medicine
Four Oxford academics have been reappointed as Senior Investigators. They are:
- Professor Eleanor Barnes, Nuffield Department of Medicine
- Professor Graham Ogg, Radcliffe Department of Medicine
- Professor Paul Aveyard, Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences
- Professor Christopher Butler, Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences
Six of the successful candidates are supported by the NIHR Oxford Biomedical Research Centre (BRC).