Respiratory Medicine Unit manager and BRC Project Manager
- Ensure the smooth running of the Respiratory medicine research unit, including the laboratories.
- Manage sample handling laboratory and ensure trials are executed to the highest standard. Developed and maintain a database of samples and ensure compliance with relevant national data protection and ethical legislation and local regulations.
- Primary responsibility for the financial and administrative reporting of the BRC Respiratory theme to the NIHR, including reviewing incoming budgets, producing annual reports.
- Maintain project websites.
- Draft policies for the project steering committee (PSC), standard operating procedures for the consortium, ethics and regulatory applications.
- Liaise with trial coordinators, core university teams and all respiratory principle investigator.
- Verify actual progress against planned implementation and provide feedback in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate the preparation of reports by leaders for submission to the PSC, the MRC, and the Oxford NIHR BRC as required.
- Work with the consortium members to develop the strategic aims of the consortium
DNA Thermo-Protection Facilitates Whole-Genome Sequencing of Mycobacteria Direct from Clinical Samples
George S. et al, (2020), Journal of Clinical Microbiology, 58
Detection of Cell-Dissociated Non-Typeable Haemophilus influenzae in the Airways of Patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Thulborn SJ. et al, (2020), International Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Volume 15, 1357 - 1365
Evaluating the sensitivity and specificity of NEATstik technology compared to an activity-based immunoassay in sputum samples from participants with COPD
Thulborn SJ. et al, (2020), European Respiratory Journal, 55, 1902412 - 1902412
Neutrophil elastase as a biomarker for bacterial infection in COPD.
Thulborn SJ. et al, (2019), Respiratory research, 20
Correction: Synergistic activation of pro-inflammatory type-2 CD8 + T lymphocytes by lipid mediators in severe eosinophilic asthma
Hilvering B. et al, (2019), Mucosal Immunology, 12, 581 - 581