*NEW* Departmental Cell bank *NEW*
The Laboratory Management Office would like to introduce a cell banking service which will be available for members of the department (including those becoming part of Radcliffe Department of Medicine).
This service will be managed by the Laboratory Management Team where all processes will be performed according to standard operating protocols set to protect the biological integrity of each cell line and to ensure the highest quality product released back to the researchers.
Three levels of service are available;
Please contact for cost
£280 per set
£50 per set
All levels of service include:
- 2-D Barcoded vials
- Catalogued and managed using ItemTracker software (auditing function and document attachment function available)
- Vapour phase storage in departmental cryostorage facility
- Controlled release of product
- Annual notification of stock levels (if requested)
- Knowledge support and assistance with troubleshooting cell line growth after receipt of final product.
For more details, please see the attached supplementary information.
If you have any questions, please contact Robin Sparkes (email@example.com) on 01865 222 907.
If you would like to register a line, please complete the registration form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Service hours from 0830 – 1500
- Laboratory glassware is collected daily, cleaned and returned to the laboratories
- ALL used glassware must be rinsed out before placing in collection bins
- A selection of consumables are sterilized and available from the cabinet in room 7402 such as pipette tips, 0.5ml and 1.5ml eppendorf tubes, dH20 and PBS
- If you require, any specialist items or reagents autoclaved, please leave your item labelled with your name and laboratory room number on the bench in lab 7402.
**Please note the last autoclave run for same day return is 1300**
- NDM Experimental Stock held in Central Stores - List
- To request items from the list, please write the item on the white board located in your laboratory
- Consumable deliveries occur once per day
- RM Couriers are used for all shipping requests through Laboratory Management
- General packaging guidelines for shipping biological material;
- Biological material should be in a tube with a secure lid
- Placed in a secondary sealable container (or plastic bag) with enough absorbent material to absorb all of contents if spilt.
- Secondary material placed in polystyrene box with sufficient ice required for the length of time in transit (if applicable)
- Clear sender/ receiver information on the box
- Package must be accompanied by;
- Consignment note (obtained from NDM Administration Office Room 5800)
- Biological Shipping Declaration and a Commercial Invoice. Download form
- Grant code
- Please note that the last pick up for packages abroad or on ice is 1500. Please notify Lab Management team by 1445 of packages requiring collection same day.
- MycoAlert testing kit from Lonza
- Test dates for 2013
- Email a requisition form to the Laboratory Management address.
- Test results will be e-mailed by the end of the day.
- Deliveries from external suppliers are distributed by the Laboratory Management team daily between 1300-1500
- When ordering externally supplied items on Marketplace, please ensure in the "Notes to Supplier" section that you add FAO followed by the end users name.
- This information is essential for delivery the correct packages to end users
- Querying ETA/Missing packages
- Please ask the Purchasing Officer for the Purchase Order number for the item you are querying and call the Supplier for proof of delivery. Please forward this information in the first instance to the Lab Management team for us to investigate further.
- Please report any equipment or facility faults by emailing or calling the Laboratory Management Team.
- If there is an emergency out of hours, please call the switchboard "0" and ask for the Laboratory Manager or the Assistant Laboratory Manager.
- If you cannot reach anyone, please bleep the Estates Shift Engineer by dialling 89 followed by the bleep number 1372 and then the extension number you are calling from.